What to do Before the Professionals Arrive
Water damage in any part of your home can be stressful and you may be thinking, "What do I do next?" First step would be to identify the source of incoming water and shutoff or stop the water source if possible. Next would be to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Burlington but there are some things you can do before we arrive, which I will list below, but first and foremost safety should be your top priority. You need to determine if it is safe to stay in the house and only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Remove excess water by mopping.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- If it's summertime turn on air conditioning for maximum drying.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
While these are some things you can do before we arrive the following is a list of what you shouldn't do.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
The professionals here at SERVPRO of Burlington are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to respond to your emergency. We can help make it "Like it never even happened."