Commercial Weather Preparedness
If you own a commercial building or run a business it is important to have a plan in place in case severe weather strikes. Having a plan helps you to protect your building, your employees and any customers, and your equipment. Listed below are some helpful planning tips to keep your business up and running during any kind of severe weather.
- Inspect your building for any kinds of weaknesses, such as cracks near doors and windows or any loose trim that has the potential to blow off and injure someone.
- Clear snow and ice regularly from your entryways, sidewalks, and roofs. You don't want to take the chance of a customer slipping and falling outside.
- Make sure your business's insurance coverage can cover any damages that may occur from severe weather and update if necessary.
- Compile important numbers such as the fire department, insurance company, and electrician just to name a few. This is where an ERP can be helpful as the program contains all that information.
- Review your equipment and systems that keep your business running, such as computers and manufacturing equipment.
Should you run into any damage after the weather has cleared don't hesitate to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Burlington.